08 grille emblem re-face or replace?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Edmund K

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Well, my Ford grille badge is de-laminating or something! The formerly dark blue background is now a mottled light blue. Is this a badge that can come apart for some customization, or is it better to get a new badge altogether? The posts I've found about this topic don't seem to cover this generation of grille badges, so I thought I'd put it out to you fine folks for your sage advice; thanks in advance for your help!

SOLISIMO

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Are you looking for the stock look? Btw you need to remove the grille to remove the badge, if not its a pain in the ass

VTfireftr

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have the same issue with mine.

Why do I have to remove the grille? I can access the back of the grille by just removing the plastic panel along the top of the radiator.

OP
OP
Edmund K

Edmund K

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I peeled the blue off mine and left it chrome.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - now Free

how did you peel the blue off? I took the radiator shroud off and found only one nut holding the badge on. I tried prying the black plastic base from the chrome face, but had no luck getting anything apart. I'd like to see if I could make the background match my copper paint with the Ford logo remaining chrome, but I don't think I can separate the badge to do it.