1% of the 1%

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dclr

Reaction score
I’m getting old(er) and something I’ve come to appreciate is good discourse, regardless of the subject matter.

Over the years, we’ve owned at least a dozen or more vehicles and I’ve joined many of forums just like this one for info/support.

Not to overstate the obvious, the vast majority of vehicle owners are completely unaware of these forums, let alone willing to spend the time to look up issues or concerns on their own.

Ya’ll seem like a good bunch..keep up the good work

Going_Going_Gone

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Remember, these are not the cheapest of vehicles. Speaking for myself, when our kids were little, this would have been the vehicle we'd have wanted, but could not have afforded. Owner demographics might suggest that there are a substantial number of older owners who have been around longer than the Internet and don't realize there's more available to them than Facebook and email.

Grey ghost

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have belonged to the Lincoln markVIII forum and still ckeck in there to help out people with those cars. I'm active still on the Corvette forum because I have one now and I'm active on here but this group gets boring at times lol. More people would get more from thier vehicles if they were involved.and know about problems in advance. Like the shocks. That's a serious safety concern

Last edited:

KenK

Reaction score
Agreed! This is one of the few forums I actually like and follow.

StealthyBulldog

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I am a researcher, not by trade, just by obsession! Whenever I look to buy something, I try to learn as much about it as I can, that way I hope to make the right choice for me and not regret it afterwards. When I bought my Nissan Murano when it was first released, I knew more than the salesperson, seriously! I have loved reading through all the old posts on here and trying to learn. I was pretty heavy into the Bennington Pontoon forum, AMAZING bunch of guys on there, super knowledgeable and from all different backgrounds.

The best way we found to have a lot of forum involvement was to put people behind the names. So we had a "Hobbies and Interests" post and a "Who are you and what do you do?" post. I'm not sure of the structure of this site, if it's meant to be straight information, or a gathering of Expy enthusiasts. I'm still new, so I'll let you long timers set the tone.

Lou Hamilton

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I am a researcher, not by trade, just by obsession! Whenever I look to buy something, I try to learn as much about it as I can, that way I hope to make the right choice for me and not regret it afterwards. When I bought my Nissan Murano when it was first released, I knew more than the salesperson, seriously! I have loved reading through all the old posts on here and trying to learn. I was pretty heavy into the Bennington Pontoon forum, AMAZING bunch of guys on there, super knowledgeable and from all different backgrounds.

The best way we found to have a lot of forum involvement was to put people behind the names. So we had a "Hobbies and Interests" post and a "Who are you and what do you do?" post. I'm not sure of the structure of this site, if it's meant to be straight information, or a gathering of Expy enthusiasts. I'm still new, so I'll let you long timers set the tone.

I'm the same way. I bought two vehicles in 2019 and both times I knew everything about the vehicle, even what models they had on the lot.