120V AC outlet won't charge laptop

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Fordalways

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Ours seems to work fine. As with the OP, I’m charging a MacBook Pro. I did find a short extension cord was useful as the 85w wall wart didn’t look like it wanted to stay plugged in. Now the ww lays on the floor next to the laptop and is fully charged by our next stop.

The blinking charge light on the MB makes me think the inverter is faulty.

OGBobbyJohnson

Reaction score
Anyone upgraded the port to higher wattage? I know my Dell Precision charger pulls 300W and would love to be able to charge in the truck. i have to use another inverter plugged into the cigarette lighter to get what we need. Would love to replace the module if possible.

AAOO

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Anyone upgraded the port to higher wattage? I know my Dell Precision charger pulls 300W and would love to be able to charge in the truck. i have to use another inverter plugged into the cigarette lighter to get what we need. Would love to replace the module if possible.

Post pics when you do the swap.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/OEM-NEW-15...ear-110V-Volt-400W-Power-Outlet-/253572051226

Not sure if this is the right part but you would need to replace the inverter/converter module as well as the plug. https://www.ebay.com/itm/2015-2016-...302543?hash=item443aebb74f:g:F7UAAOSwBFVbjCt0

Good luck!

Last edited:

HawkX66

Semper Fi!
Reaction score
I'd be curious to know if the wire gauge going to the plug is any thicker on the 400w optioned trucks. I know the wires going to the plug on my 17 are only about 18 ga.

Artie

Full Access Members
Reaction score

fothco

Reaction score
We use our 2013 Expee Max 's ac outlet and it pumps air mattresses etc . Plus charges cordless drill s etc . But the flap cover is exposing the insert for the ac power to being hit . I had to re-install mine after it was knocked out . fothco

Bow512

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Is yours the 15 or 13 inch model?? I guess the 15 uses a more demanding charger!

Sorry to just now see this. Ours is the 13 inch so maybe that’s it. It also charges my HP Envy 13 inch laptop without issue as well. I don’t know what the wattage on it is but I guess we just got lucky.