'13 Expedition

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OldMedic

Reaction score
First, run a Car-Fax on it. That vehicle is priced wayl below the market price, there has to be a reason for that.

2nd, have your own mechanic take a look at it. Pay a fee to have that vehicle thoroughly checked out.

Johnathan M

Reaction score
You definitely got a steal of a deal! I paid around 12K in May of this year for a 2013 EL King Ranch with 211K miles on it. It's definitely worth an engine!!

OP
OP
Maddog11

Maddog11

Reaction score
Check the simple things first. Fuel pressure, ignition. Look for codes. If it didn't go out with a clammer, with 60K miles it's probably not mechanical.
Well it’s been sitting for a year and as you can imagine the battery is dead so no codes possible. However, the texh who took a quick look at it when it came in said he put a breaker bar on the crank bolt and the engine did turn about half a 1/4 revolution before it didn’t want to go any further. I’m hoping for something in the top end (ie. follower came apart and got jammed, etc). Worse case if it’s an engine it’ll be well worth it. I don’t buy cars as an investment, I buy them to drive for a long time!

OP
OP
Maddog11

Maddog11

Reaction score
First, run a Car-Fax on it. That vehicle is priced wayl below the market price, there has to be a reason for that.

2nd, have your own mechanic take a look at it. Pay a fee to have that vehicle thoroughly checked out.
The reason it’s so cheap is because the lady who owned is sold it to the advisor who’s always taken care of this vehicle and customer. The advisor was my teammate when I worked at this dealership about 10 years ago, he’s also a good friend and he has too many projects going right now. Therefore he’s selling it to me what he paid for it. He’s had it for a year and just hasn’t had any time for it. Car fax is clean.

OP
OP
Maddog11

Maddog11

Reaction score
You definitely got a steal of a deal! I paid around 12K in May of this year for a 2013 EL King Ranch with 211K miles on it. It's definitely worth an engine!!
Agreed! Again, it’ll make a nice upgrade for my wife from her worn out 05 that she refuses to give up on.