15,16,17 lifted Expys

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
If it was a powerstroke I bet she misses the power and rolling coal on tailgaters too lol. I miss my Cummins ram for sure..
It was, and was custom tuned. Didn't smoke much unless you stabbed the throttle. If you pushed it down steady, it would just build boost, and embarrrass whoever she wanted. The EB has really good power, and was very critical in our decision to go with the Expy vs other options on the market. I have a TUNER waiting in the box for after the first service on the 17. I can't wait!

ExpeditionAndy

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hi Andy... the 3/2 is what they call a leveling kit. Front goes up 3" while the rear only goes 2. Makes the vehicle more level front to back. When I installed mine I noticed that the rear drive shafts go thru a hole in the frame so I'm guessing that's what limits how high the back end can go without dropping the whole rear end (at least on the 2nd gens, not positive about the others). You can get 3.5/2.5 kits on eBay to get another half inch.
Thanks Bob. My 17 looks lifted compared to my 05 that had air suspension. That's why I was confused. I'll have to look at i when it is sitting in a level parking lot so I can see if it sits funny. :)

Penumbra

Reaction score
IMG_1988.JPG IMG_3064.JPG
looking to lift mine. Wanna see what everyone's got for these specific years

I talked with several top lift shops including skyjack and readylift. I first was looking to see if ready lift would custom make me a rear set because I'm not interested in leveling my ride as I tow a lot and it sits level when I tow...that's the reason it's 1" higher in back...assuming you're going to put a load on it since it is a truck.

Several lift experts talked me out of the spacer option for many reasons. It is the only inexpensive route but it will affect handling...slightly. There's aftermarket stabilizers by Eibach that will help reduce sway and cornering.

If you want to lift it right you have to have a custom set of coilivers made and I was referred to King shocks as THE choice by the lift experts. I haven't got a quote yet but I was told $1200+ per shock.

I have a '16 Limited with slightly offset wheels which definitely gives it a more aggressive stance. I'm ordering the '18 model as soon as my sales guy gets the green light for preorder. So I'm not going to do it till I have that model.IMG_3952.JPG

OP
OP
J Ski

J Ski

3.5plati
Reaction score
View attachment 19957 View attachment 19958

I talked with several top lift shops including skyjack and readylift. I first was looking to see if ready lift would custom make me a rear set because I'm not interested in leveling my ride as I tow a lot and it sits level when I tow...that's the reason it's 1" higher in back...assuming you're going to put a load on it since it is a truck.

Several lift experts talked me out of the spacer option for many reasons. It is the only inexpensive route but it will affect handling...slightly. There's aftermarket stabilizers by Eibach that will help reduce sway and cornering.

If you want to lift it right you have to have a custom set of coilivers made and I was referred to King shocks as THE choice by the lift experts. I haven't got a quote yet but I was told $1200+ per shock.

I have a '16 Limited with slightly offset wheels which definitely gives it a more aggressive stance. I'm ordering the '18 model as soon as my sales guy gets the green light for preorder. So I'm not going to do it till I have that model.View attachment 19956

Penumbra, thanks for those pics. That look is what I'm going for. Not going to be towing anything, just want it a bit higher with a wider stance. Everyone here in this forum seems to recommend readylift as do the local shops around my area. What size tires/wheels you running on?

Penumbra

Reaction score
Penumbra, thanks for those pics. That look is what I'm going for. Not going to be towing anything, just want it a bit higher with a wider stance. Everyone here in this forum seems to recommend readylift as do the local shops around my area. What size tires/wheels you running on?
I am running the stock Hankook Dynapro AT Mud/Snow rubber 275/55/R20s. The rims I picked up at Discount/Americas tire and the only difference is the offset which I'm not sure off hand what it is but here's the line item numbers off my invoice:
48709 NRM 20x9 6-135.00 25 BKMTXX. They did say I could put a slightly taller tire after stock ones wear out but I must say the AT Hankooks are very good in snow and mud. I contract all over the US and just spent all winter in New York and driving in very muddy construction sites...while pullin trailer.

TxSed8r

Reaction score
I just lifted my 2015 2 inches front and rear since it doesn't have the same rake that previous models had.
I feel like it's level.
I also put on 275/55/20 Nitto mud terrains. 20170417_164722.jpg