15 expy front parking sensor beeps at stoplights with newer model fords nearby

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sixstring

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Hello,

Original owner of 15 expy plat. One of the newer vehicles of the model year.

Since new, I've had "intermittent" Front Parking Aid warnings when stopped at stop lights. I am not too close to vehicles.

I've noticed when this happens, there is always a newer model Ford / Lincoln either in front or front right or front left of me.

I've had it to the dealer and they can not duplicate.

I am all original and stock. No accidents. Vehicle and sensors are clean (no bugs,dirt).

It seems like it picks up signals from the other vehicles.

Has anyone ever heard of this or know what is going on?

I did a search and saw that a few people have encountered this but there is no resolution.

Thanks!

Last edited:

WifeyExpedition

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Hello,

Since new, I've had "intermittent" Front Parking Aid warnings when stopped at stop lights. I am not too close to vehicles.

I've noticed when this happens, there is always a newer model Ford / Lincoln either in front or front right or front left of me.

I am all original and stock. No accidents. Vehicle and sensors are clean (no bugs,dirt).

I did a search and saw that a few people have encountered this but there is no resolution.

Thanks!
Our 16 does the same. My 17 Taurus has once. We sure get a good laugh out of it. [emoji1787][emoji1787]

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

turtle019

Reaction score
Both my current 17 plat and the 15 gator I used to drive do it

99WhiteC5Coupe

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Hello,

Thanks!

My 2015 Ford Expedition Limited 4x4 has done this since it was new. Sometimes, while stopped behind or next to a Ford, the sensor will activate after 5-10 seconds, with neither vehicle moving. It is very annoying and a poor design feature from Ford.

TuxedoBlack

Reaction score
15 plat here and mine does it. Never noticed make of nearby vehicles. Not often enough to be annoying though.

15 Platinum Tuxedo Black

Plati

Reaction score
Interesting. Sounds analogous to radar jamming --> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Radar_jamming_and_deception

although radar is radio waves & those car sensors are sound waves

and I would image the car sensors are very crude compared to the radar systems

another reason why i don't expect to see self driving cars in my neighborhood & lifetime

mossback

2017 Limited EL
Reaction score
15 plat here and mine does it. Never noticed make of nearby vehicles. Not often enough to be annoying though.

15 Platinum Tuxedo Black

Ditto except with a 17 limited. It happens but very rarely and seemingly randomly.