1998 expediton EB stalls and cuts off

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sonmisojos

Reaction score
I have a 98 expedition EB and it drives fine but if you have to come to a Quick stop it will cut off if you don't press on the gas. It will Also cut off if you are driving and you put it in reverse. Once you turn it back on it goes in reverse with no problem. Any idea what this could be? I have changed the air filter and cleaned the carberator and nothing helped.

ICrushedAPrius

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I bet anything its your Idle Air Control (IAC) they are notorious for this. What does your truck idle at (RPM's) when you stop at normal speed and sit there for a bit? If it isnt 800-1000, you want to get it checked out.

Firepuppy

Reaction score
2002 door lock gem

Can i get a used remote door lock module from a junk yard and replace mine in my 2002 expedition? Is it a plug and play??
Thanks

Bedrck47

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Can i get a used remote door lock module from a junk yard and replace mine in my 2002 expedition? Is it a plug and play??
Thanks

You need to start a new thread for your problem as it isn't related to this old thread dealing with stalling and cutting off

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sharprd65