1999 Expedition Will Not Start When Hot. Codes are P0113 P1000 C1284.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kalifornia

Reaction score
Hello everyone, My parents gave me their 1999 Ford Expedition Eddie Bauer Edition because they have givin up. When the outside temp is high the car will not start. When turning the key all you hear is a clicking noise. Thats it. They replaced the starter and battery and a couple other things. Nothing has worked. Does anyone have any ideas? Thank you in advanced.

Yupster Dog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First thing to do is to make sure everything is getting the juice from the new battery,
VOLTAGE DROP TEST is a simple test that you only need a digital volt meter(less than $20 if you dont have one)
If done correctly it will tell you if all your cables and connections are good. In fact it will lead you right to the problem if it is in the cables.

Welcome to the forum

OP
OP
K

kalifornia

Reaction score
I have all the tools in which to do the work so I will try that first. I'll let you know what happens thank you for the suggestion.

jayarebee

Reaction score
P1000 just means the test is not complete (your car's ECC has not completed its emission systems test). Common with newly installed batteries and usually goes away after you drive for a bit (25+ miles/1-2 cycles).

P0113: Intake Air Temperature (IAT) sensor is reading at too high of a voltage. This sensor works as a basic resistor. The PCM sends it a continuous current of five volts, and monitors how much voltage it gets back.

C1284: Possible Causes Faulty Oil Pressure Switch Oil Pressure Switch harness is open or shorted Oil Pressure Switch circuit poor electrical connection

Read more: https://www.autocodes.com/c1284_ford.html

I hope you can fix her up !!

Reaction score
I have a 1999 exp 4.6 4x4. Last summer I had a problem with a hot motor it would not crank the motor over. I opened the hood and within 10 minutes I would crank over and start .I took a jumper cable and bypassed the starter solenoid and sure enough, it would crank and start with the key in the run position. I.E. A bad starter solenoid but only when hot (hood closed). Replaced the solenoid now no problems. Fixed Good luck.