1999 Expedition XLT...how to tell Tow package?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tojohnso

Full Access Members
Reaction score
In addition to the hitch and 7 pin connector (it's round), the brake controller connection is under the steering wheel to the right just past where the trim stops. You should also see what looks like a smaller radiator in front of the normal radiator. It's the added transmission cooler.

I've never towed with a 4.6, but have towed plenty with the 5.4. There is no way I would feel comfortable with less power. Good decision on going with the 5.4.

OP
OP
C

ctniners

Full Access Members
Reaction score
you should try to find a nice Eddie Bauer with the entertainment system in it

I would but this investment is only to pull the camper. We already have the cars we need, we just dont have a truck strong enough to pull this camper.

Which brings me to the next question...I know you said that the 4.6 L is rated at max towing of 5,900 Lbs.

The camper empty is rated at 3,400 Lbs and at full capacity of 5,000 Lbs. (dont think we will ever put 1,600 lbs inside the camper)

The tongue I want to say is 500 Lbs.

So when you say the rating of the 4.6 L is 5,900 Lbs is that including the people and cargo inside the truck?...or is 5,900 only for the towing part.

Thanks again.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
r98exp1