2 questions: key fob reprogramming and active noise canceling

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sctom1

Reaction score
Hi all, looked for these in forums and could not find anywhere. Please excuse me if they were answered somewhere.
I have 2 Explorers and thinking of trading one for maybe 2022 Platinum Expy 4x4 not max. This will give me 2 big key fobs to carry in my pocket all the time.
1) Can the cars be reprogrammed to accept either fob, or the fobs be reprogrammed to work either car? The Chevy fobs can be reprogrammed to work 2 cars, but I am not a Chevy guy. (Maybe I need to invent a ring only for unlocking the doors when you grab the handle and leave the fobs inside.)
2) Also, my Ford dealer has no Platinum Expy’s and both the Limited and XLT I test drove are very quiet inside except for the very noticeable drone of the exhaust pipe noise, which will get old after awhile. Does anyone with a newer Platinum have any comments on hearing the exhaust noise? Does the Active Noise Cancellation work on that?
Thanks again

okiexpy

Reaction score
We just bought a new platinum and I can always hear the exhaust. Keep in mind the platinums get a "tune" and produce a bit more hp (may or may not sound different than lower trims). I think ours is very quiet and don't seem to get an annoying drone when at highway speeds. FWIW. I can't tell much about the active noise cancellation, however I have not been in any other trim level to compare.

OP
OP
sctom1

sctom1

Reaction score
Thanks okiexpy. Who knows what it will be like in 6 to 8 months from the 22s come out.

okiexpy

Reaction score
Right. We were torn between waiting and just taking the killer deal we ended up getting on this one. The preliminary rendering of the 22s didn't really excite me much. The new tech might though.

aggiegrad05

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I can hear the exhaust in my platinum, but it's not obtrusive at all. It's easily the quietest vehicle I've ever owned, and up there on the list of quietest vehicles I've ever ridden in.

Mlarv

Reaction score
To answer your question about Key Fob's. The answer is Nope it can not be done.

Last edited: