2000 5.4L Bauer - Cabin Air Filter?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

backnine29

Reaction score
Does the 2000 5.4L Bauer model have a cabin air filter? My Exp manual does not reference anything, so maybe not?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

riphip

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Don't think so. I thought my 2oo4 EB had this but no. Only if heated/cooled seats. Filters in the seats o_O

OP
OP
backnine29

backnine29

Reaction score
Does the 2000 5.4L Bauer model have a cabin air filter? My Exp manual does not reference anything, so maybe not?

Interesting. I'll check the manual for the seats. I do have heated seats in my 2000 EB 5.4.

Plati

Reaction score
You know , I could be wrong but I think this is one of those questions that pops up every year or so and I think the answer is ... there ain't no dang cabin air filter in an Expy. At least in the years before 2015 that I pay attention to. I swear. I've been wrong before, once in the 70's when I said I was wrong.

OP
OP
backnine29

backnine29

Reaction score
On my 2000 EB 5.4L there is nothing in the engine compartment, as identified in the link, nor is it located under the glove box. There is a cover underneath the glove box, but removing it reveals a black plastic cover for the AC unit. Nothing that resembles a location for a filter.

nobycane74

Reaction score
For the 97-02 Expeditions - there were not any cabin air filters that came standard with any edition (XLT or EB).
It was however an option.......a dealer option specifically when pre-ordering or customizing...but the cabin air filters on the 1st gens are extremely rare and uncommon.

OP
OP
backnine29

backnine29

Reaction score
For the 97-02 Expeditions - there were not any cabin air filters that came standard with any edition (XLT or EB).
It was however an option.......a dealer option specifically when pre-ordering or customizing...but the cabin air filters on the 1st gens are extremely rare and uncommon.
Thank you for the confirmation. I discovered that with some disassembly below the glovebox earlier tonight. Actually relieved it didn't have one since it has been 20 years since purchase!

riphip

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Amazing all the filters designated to fit our year Expy. Navigator may be another story tho. :rolleyes:

OP
OP
backnine29

backnine29

Reaction score
Amazing all the filters designated to fit our year Expy. Navigator may be another story tho. :rolleyes:
True! I looked up cabin filters online and one parts store had about eight different filters for my year/model. What??? Pretty funny!