2000 EB burlgarized, door lock question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dhawthrone

Reaction score
Evening All,

2000 EB expedition was broken into a few days ago. HU, Amps, Subs gone. Thief was kind enough to leave all harnesses and wiring intact at least. Alarm is on the top of my list before rebuilding my system. The driver side door lock appears to have been "punched" to gain entry to the truck. Before the loss the drivers side door lock worked with the remote intermittently at best, I had to use the key alot to get in, it would come up halfway or not at all. Now I am considering leaving the lock cylinder out of the picture to prevent future breakins, has anyone had a similar issue with the lock, if so what was the fix. Also has anyone tried removing the cylinder altogther to avoid breakins. It's troubling to know that you can get in by just jamming a screwdriver into the lock.

smo0othride

Full Access Members
Reaction score
If they knew how to bust the lock with just a screw driver then that's pretty good. I'd say your best bet is getting a nice alarm system, like the type that goes off when you touch the car at all. My friend he had a system in his car had an alarm like that and somebody tried to break in by smashing the glass, but must of took off when the alarm sounded. In the same parking garage(and same gang according to cops) my car that has no alarm, got broken into and they stole my whole system.

satriani570

Reaction score
MY TRUCK WAS BROKEN INTO A FEW YEARS AGO., IT DONT MATTER . THEY WILL JUST POP THE WHOLE HANDLE OFF. THATS WHAT THEY DID TO MY EXPY. THE TOOK A SCREWDRIVER AND JUST POPPED THE WHOLE DAM HANDLE OFF

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
r98exp1