2000 Expy charging problems

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bocco

Reaction score
Today the battery light came on in my 2000 Expedition. It showed low voltage at the battery when running so I assumed alternator and changed it. Still have the same problem. Starts and runs fine but only reads 12 volts at battery when running. Alternator field fuse is good and fusible link appears good. Any ideas?

OP
OP
B

bocco

Reaction score
I think I figured it out. There are two connectors to the alternator, one three pin and one single pin. I reseated the three pin connector and the problem appears to be solved.

1955moose

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Sounds like you've got corrosion at that connector. Your going to want to clean it up, and maybe squirt a little dielectric grease in there. The grease will help to keep moisture out, and a sound connection.

Sent from my N9131 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
B

bocco

Reaction score
Does anybody know where I might find a replacement for the alternator wiring harness? Looking all over and can't seem to find one.

RjNomar27

Reaction score
Does anybody know where I might find a replacement for the alternator wiring harness? Looking all over and can't seem to find one.
I have been looking at the "big 3 upgrades" on YouTube. That should help.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

stamp11127

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Best place is a junk yard. If it is a pull it yourself yard you can get as much of the wiring you need. If you just need the connector those are available on line. Dorman may make a pigtail.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hsquared360