2001 exp. radio and access. staying on

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bill6407

Reaction score
new to forum, anyone ever had their radio and accessories stay on when the key is turned off? came out this morning and the radio and the fan blower were still on in my exp.. when i opened the door it sounded like the key was still in the ignition with the chime going. i started the car to make sure the battery was not dead and when i cut it off and took the key out it continued to do the same thing. any help appreciated.

mustangrfast88

Full Access Members
Reaction score
yes mine does that after i take the key out but as soon as i open any door it turns off, sounds like you have a door switch staying opened not telling the system you have opened the door

OP
OP
B

bill6407

Reaction score
no, this model does not allow the radio to stay on once the key is turned off. plus all the other accessories are staying on.

mustangrfast88

Full Access Members
Reaction score
well then i see mine is a 2000 and it does , so it sounds like you might have a bad ignition switch that is letting power stay on at all times but i donbt know how to explain why you wouldnt have a dead batttery in the morning then