2001 Expedition Sunroof issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

splintrcel

Full Access Members
Reaction score
My roof will only leak when it gets blasted by the car wash. I recall there is a spec for the placement of the glass so it makes a good seal, i do notnrecall what it is but i for some reason have the number .008 inches the glass should be below the seal.

Last edited:

One Mean Green

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Mine leaks also. I too have duct taped mine. I don't really care if it opens or not but the water leaks down on the dash and gets the GEM module wet and runs down the battery. No leaks since I duct taped it but soon will need to re tape as the tape is starting to turn loose. Owning an Expedition is a journey! I am disabled and can't repair mine so I am going to be forced eventually to have mine fixed.:flamingdevil::flamingdevil::flamingdevil:

splintrcel

Full Access Members
Reaction score
If you just want it sealed go get ur self some silicone gasket maker. It will last way longer and look alot nicer

tarafied1

Reaction score
Mine was leaking because the trough thing was not in the correct position. Since the plastic parts with the rod on them were broken, somehow my trough was on the wrong side of the shade and just stayed all the way to the rear. I zip tied it in place when I put everything back together and I unplugged the motor before putting the headliner back in so no one can accidently try to open it.

It sucks that you will have to pay someone to fix it, I can imagine that would be expensive.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zanwahwarden