New (to me) 2018 Expedition Limited sunroof problem

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ThunderbirdRider

Reaction score
I recently bought a 2018 Expedition Limited and I am extremely impressed so far, but I have a problem with the sunroof shade. The sunroof opens and closes fine, but the shade only goes back half way and then stops ... has anyone else experienced this and is it an easy, cheap fix or is it a big deal?

I could live with the shade being half open, but that kinda ruins the point of having a panoramic roof so I'd like to get it fixed if possible.

99WhiteC5Coupe

Full Access Members
Reaction score
U have to press the button again to make it go all the way back (if u have the panoramic sunroof)

It doesnt go alll the way back pressing the button once..

I wonder if that information is contained in the vehicle owner’s manual?

OP
OP
ThunderbirdRider

ThunderbirdRider

Reaction score
Ok, I'm an idiot and didn't realize the Expedition has a separate button for the shade - my last car was a Kia Optima and it was one touch to open front and rear shares and the sunroof! I rtfm'd last night and saw the button to the right of the roof opener - I'll just go hide in the corner now :D

OldSchoolMec

Reaction score
Ok, I'm an idiot and didn't realize the Expedition has a separate button for the shade - my last car was a Kia Optima and it was one touch to open front and rear shares and the sunroof! I rtfm'd last night and saw the button to the right of the roof opener - I'll just go hide in the corner now :D
Just remember to hit it twice for it to open up all the way. Once and it opens half then hit it again and you get its full glory.