2001 Ford Expedition OBDii CodeL P0300 - Random/Multiple Cylinder Misfire

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ELVATO

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yea, it's like 20-30 thousand volts going through there. That's why the link above says to use insulated pliers.

OP
OP
C

CharlesUSMC

Reaction score
Problem Solved

The issue was the COP (Ignition Coil/Coil Pack) on the Second Cylinder from the front, Passenger side. Replacing this fixed the issue completely.

jkill351

Reaction score
mine too

i have an 03 with the 5.4. this is not a new thing for my expy. ive already sleaved 3 plug holes and replased 4 coil pacs. randomly out of the blue this happened to me then i changed my setting on my superchips and it went away for awhile. then pulling my quads up a hill(on the way to starting my honeymoon) i got the same light and studder. it went away then came back exactly how the first post described it. heres the problem i constantly checked my reader while driving because the light flickered and goes on and off; so i got diffrent readings the two most common were a random misfire on cylinder d and a random misfire on cylinder b. both cylinder 1 and 3 as well as 4 have been sleaved and have new coil pacs. ive read that vacuum leaks can cause a rough idle but can they cause a missfire? also i regularly use seafoam then lucas everyother fill up as oregon gass is junk so i want to think that my injectors and filter should be clean. how did you find uot which coil pac was the problem?

01exp4x4

Full Access Members
Reaction score
i have an 03 with the 5.4. this is not a new thing for my expy. ive already sleaved 3 plug holes and replased 4 coil pacs. randomly out of the blue this happened to me then i changed my setting on my superchips and it went away for awhile. then pulling my quads up a hill(on the way to starting my honeymoon) i got the same light and studder. it went away then came back exactly how the first post described it. heres the problem i constantly checked my reader while driving because the light flickered and goes on and off; so i got diffrent readings the two most common were a random misfire on cylinder d and a random misfire on cylinder b. both cylinder 1 and 3 as well as 4 have been sleaved and have new coil pacs. ive read that vacuum leaks can cause a rough idle but can they cause a missfire? also i regularly use seafoam then lucas everyother fill up as oregon gass is junk so i want to think that my injectors and filter should be clean. how did you find uot which coil pac was the problem?

What do you mean you re-sleaved the 1, 3, 4???