2001 XLT - Rear Shocks deflating when off

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

semyaj

Reaction score
Good Afternoon,

Recently both my rear air shocks are deflating when I turn off the truck. It doesn't happen all the time but maybe 3 out of 7 days a week. So I was wondering if anybody had any input on what may cause this issue to occur.

Also when I turn on the truck the air shocks re-fill w/o any issues and stay the correct height and the compressor only turns on to fill the shocks at the beginning. But when I turn the truck off and come back 1hr or 2hrs later the rear shocks are deflated.

Thanks in advance,

---
2001 Ford Expedition XLT
97,748 miles
Central Florida

Last edited:

nsperf

Full Access Members
Reaction score
sounds like its time for shock replacement

However verify that you do not have an issue in the lines.

Using a spray bottle with about 4 tbl spoons of disk detergent in 8 oz of water, turn ign to the run position and wait for shocks to air up. once aired up find the lines and spry them from the compressor to the shocks and look for bubbles along the way.

If you find no leaks then spray around the shock where the top of the shock goes over the bottom. If you see leaks here then it is shock time

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thegerb50