2002 Expe keeps doing this....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
ignorantmonkey

ignorantmonkey

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Need to read the codes. Any autozones or NAPA's in mexico??

There are both....but once I had a 89 Cherokee...bring it there (Auto Zone) to read the codes.... The response: Alternator was malfunctioning. Changed it, and then the problem remained. A friend check it and found out it was a loose cable.... So I really do not trust these places, or their code results.

FordandPolaris

Full Access Members
Reaction score
x2 Ask them to simply tell you the codes, and then post them up here, much smarter people here than at autozone haha. They only know as much as the truck tells them anyways, so they probably gave it their best guess it just happened to be incorrect. Often you can get several issues that might cause the same code to occur.

Last edited:

toms89

technical advisor
Reaction score
There are both....but once I had a 89 Cherokee...bring it there (Auto Zone) to read the codes.... The response: Alternator was malfunctioning. Changed it, and then the problem remained. A friend check it and found out it was a loose cable.... So I really do not trust these places, or their code results.

The code would help greatly otherwise its a wild guess. Ask for the alpha numeric code not what they think it means and you could post it here and go from there.

OP
OP
ignorantmonkey

ignorantmonkey

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The code would help greatly otherwise its a wild guess. Ask for the alpha numeric code not what they think it means and you could post it here and go from there.

Thanks pal...I will do that soon and post on here....TY

MUSKYMAN52

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Octane booster and then run a can of sea foam, had the same problem its bad gas im taking care of my problem now.