2002 Ford Expenition Frame Rot Concerns

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Paravain

Reaction score
I just bought I 2002 Ford Expenition and the frame being undercoated I thought great, I took a quick look at the frame it looked great so I was not worried about the frame I moved on to other areas on the truck, the truck is sweet like brand new, so I bought it and took it home, I love this truck it drives awesome, well today I was washing and looking at one of the tires when I looked up and seen this frame hiding up above the main frame, seems to be a unibody frame where the top of the rear coil springs sit rotted away, this has me concerned and I sure hope this is repairable. the rest of the frame looks sweet so if this is repairable I will not be worried about it, I will just repair it, looks like I found the problem with this truck and know now why I got it so cheap.

What I am wondering is have any other members had this same problem, has any members had this issue repaired, and what would be the cost around, ballpark figure on what this job would cost, it is both sides, just the frame above the coil springs

Expenition_zps48ee7ded.jpg

Rot_zpsbe1ed356.jpg