2002 heater issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
A

american steel

Full Access Members
Reaction score
There is a restrictor in one of the heater hoses. Usually when there is trash in the system it will also collect inside the hoses. You may want to remove the hoses from the engine first and inspect the inside. The quick connects on the heater core are just that. They can be a real pain to get off. Watch out for the two o-rings and spacer used on them. I replaced the o-rings with some from a hardware store.

I was at my shop with the intentions of doing this but I went inside my office and started on paperwork (damn taxes and bills) and I forgot to go back to work on my expedition.
when I got home I realized what I did and couldn't believe it, so ill go back to there Sunday noon and do that.
ill update with the fix

OP
OP
A

american steel

Full Access Members
Reaction score
It's hell getting old isn't it?????

well im only 26 but I noticed owning two small businesses with employees and other stuff I have,
I get sidetracked easier when I didn't have all of this stuff.
this is also another reason why Im selling my performance shop.

stamp11127

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Wait until you cross the "50+" threshold. You will encounter what we call "senior moments" - instant forgetfulness during a conversation. Short term memory of .001 seconds.

OP
OP
A

american steel

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Wait until you cross the "50+" threshold. You will encounter what we call "senior moments" - instant forgetfulness during a conversation. Short term memory of .001 seconds.

my dad is 56 he has that and of course as a good son its my job to get on him about that. I was laughing really hard when I wrote this