2003 EB Cuts Out at Idle

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
D

DaveS1955

Reaction score
Well guys and gals, this saga has come to a close.

The heat shrink on the electrical lead has apparently fixed the problem.

My wife picked up the Expedition and used it to run her errands and go shopping. She put about 75 miles on the vehicle and stopped at about twenty traffic lights and ten stop signs.

According to my wife there was only one hesitation when taking off and she blames herself for that for not allowing the vehicle to warm up before taking off. She says that after that initial hesitation there were no cut outs at idle or while cornering. She also told me that she did not experience the hard starting problem the original dealer could never correct.

When I get home next weekend, after I give the baby a B & B (Bath and Buff) I will see if the repaired lead is accessible for a digital photo. If so I'll post a picture for others to see.

The enjoyable part of this is going to be when I go back to the original dealer and ask for the transferring of all service records for my fleet (4 Fords) to the other dealer. Since the Service Manager's office opens to the customer waiting room I think I'll time this for a Monday morning.

Thanks to all of you for the advice. This was a head scratcher for about a month.

cheers:

Last edited:

psrider

Reaction score
Hello DaveS1955. Just ran across your posts. For 5 years been having issues with hard start and battery draining. Battery is healthy so I've always felt it's a short somewhere. I've researched a ton and can't find the service bulletin you mentioned. Also, can't find the specific electrical lead that you had shrinkwrapped. Can you post the TSB number and if you still have a digital picture post that as well? Can't find any info on YouTube either concerning this electrical lead so any more info you could post would be very helpful. Thanks so much! P.S. I understand if you no longer own this SUV and don't remember this post LOL

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Goff69