2003 EB expedition engine died

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

G

Help!

My wife's 03 EB died during her commute to work. I have to give her credit for coasting across three lanes of traffic and onto the exit ramp during the morning rush hour. Anyone familiar with the loop 101 price freeway in Tempe, AZ knows the center median is not where you want to be stuck.
I've searched the forum and was surprised not to find a similar problem. The motor turns over just fine. I checked the 20A fuse for the fuel pump and injectors and it was fine. Has anyone else experienced a similar problem and if so, what was the outcome.

Greg B.

Reaction score
I assume it is still under warrenty. I think Ford has a road hazard provision to get your expedition to the dealer. If it is under warranty I would let them figure it out. If they can that is.

OP
OP
G

Originally posted by tabascoman
Help!

My wife's 03 EB died during her commute to work. I have to give her credit for coasting across three lanes of traffic and onto the exit ramp during the morning rush hour. Anyone familiar with the loop 101 price freeway in Tempe, AZ knows the center median is not where you want to be stuck.
I've searched the forum and was surprised not to find a similar problem. The motor turns over just fine. I checked the 20A fuse for the fuel pump and injectors and it was fine. Has anyone else experienced a similar problem and if so, what was the outcome.

Yeah that is not a good area, actually all freeways in AZ are dangerous! (I live in Chandler near the 101). It's like an Autoban but with old people, young kids and forgieners...what a mix. Too bad about your truck, wonder if it was the fuel pump? Or Ignition module?

let us know!

OP
OP
G

Fuel pump inertia switch?

Yes I am interested in hearing what the cause to this one is too.