2003 expy 5.4 oil leak???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

reg442

Full Access Members
Reaction score
i just got an oil change 3 days ago and noticed i am leaving oil stains now. so i checked the oil and it was over filled( thats what i get for a 20 dollar oil change ) it appears that the leak is coming from either the intake or the pass side head. i know its not the rear main as its damp above the bell housing and leaks all down the side on the starter and all. Question is has any had a leak in the same area and what was causing it? should i start with the intake and go from there, with 130k is it even worth my time? any insight would be greatly appreciated

kickapebble

Reaction score
couple things to check; well first of all, was there oil leaking prior to the oil change? Being a cheap change, check the oil drain plug for tightness, as well as the filter. Oil may come from a loose filter and spread. Next, depending on the place where the oil was changed, bring it back in and explain to them what has happened. If you still have the oil overfilled, good, if not, put some more oil in until it was at the level that they overfilled it. The purpose of this is that if they caused damage due to overfill, they are responsible for fixing the problem.