2003 Expy E.B. What is this under the vehicle??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TxOutlaw

Reaction score
2003 Expy E.B. What is this under the vehicle??
Sorry no photo, but there is a blue cylinder shaped dohickee under my Expy that is hanging down. It is right about under the driver side seat by the exhaust crossover... Well I was searching for the fuel filter today and this guy is dangling under vehicle and looks like it is held on by bolt but it attaches by a rubber gasket... Anyway, I just zip tied it for now until I figure out what it is...

ELVATO

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Fuel filter should be here.

I'll take a look at mine tomorrow. I do know there's a rubber looking, can sized thing somewhere in the middle that I've always wondered what it's purpose was.

OP
OP
T

TxOutlaw

Reaction score
Yeah, I got the fuel filter located... Thanks Ford for hiding it... LoL... This is the doohickie... Luckily I had big zip ties!!

001-4.jpg

Last edited:

tonydiv

technical advisor
Reaction score
I THINK that it's a part of the NVH (noise, vibration. harshness) elimination that Ford really got serious about in 03. I think that it's supposed to dampen some of the vibration and exhaust resonance.

OP
OP
T

TxOutlaw

Reaction score
That's what I have been reading... Well I am gonna take it off to prevent it from causing an accident on a freeway!

Thanks!

ELVATO

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yea, that thing. I guessed it was for vibration dampening, never knew for sure.

Nice F150, BTW :)