2003 XLT heat from defrost only vacuum hoses good.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Frankwhite24

Reaction score
So I was checking vacuum hoses on my 03 because my heat will only blow from defrost. repaired one broken one. found the rest look ok. i removed the glovebox. And upon doing this found that i can tell the box was removed for maybe a heater core or evaperator. But there is a wire connector hanging and i cant find where it plugs into! Its driving me nuts and i figure i should tackle this before i continue diagnosing. Not sure if this is my problem but looks like a good place to continue. check the attached pics. Thanks for any input/.

Attachments

• image1.jpg
    image1.jpg
    90.9 KB · Views: 69
  • image2.jpg
    image2.jpg
    86.8 KB · Views: 62

PA Blueblood

Banned
Reaction score
appears to be for the Temperature blend door actuator

If you have a volt meter check the blue/red stripe wire to see if you have 12 Volts
If you have 12 volts then pull fuse #14 and you should loose the 12 volts This will prove that its the correct connector

OP
OP
F

Frankwhite24

Reaction score
OK. I will do just that tomorrow when Im in manhattan and have it in a heated garage. Dark here now on long island and today was the first day in weeks it was warm enough to work on the truck. Have no garage.
Yes I have a meter and I will check this. But let me ask you... If its the blend door connector this would not be my problem with the vents correct? Blend door is for the temp right? If this is the case I need to plug this connector in and continue my diagnosing of the vents. Also let me tell you that The temp is pretty warm when its not too cold out but when its freezing outside, mainly below 25 degrees. It gets cooler. Coolants a little old but not too bad. And both my heater hoses are hot coming from the heater core. Just figured I give you a complete idea of what Im trying to fix. Temp of air as well as only the defrost vents working. Thanks alot for the replys
PA Blueblood.

PA Blueblood

Banned
Reaction score
The Function selector switch is what controls the Temperature blend door actuator.
Re-connector the connector and lets see what happens it could be that you do have a problem with the vacuum part of the selector switch.

OP
OP
F

Frankwhite24

Reaction score
Where does the blend door plug in? I have searched looking for a place it could possibly plug in the connector and dont see anything.