2003 XLT Radio and Window Problems

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Capone

Reaction score
Greetings, I have a 2003 XLT base model, no premium stereo or anything. I was having issues with the power windows and stereo cutting out. Hitting the dash just over the radio fixed the problem at first, then it only would fix the radio but not the windows. I can't imagine all of the window switches/motors all went out at once.

I know on my 02 Ranger I used to have the power window controls went through the stereo. I put a new stereo in it which fixed the stereo problems. However my windows still don't work. Furthermore, there was two plugs in the back of the factory stereo and Car Toys only sold me a wiring harness that attached to one of them. The second is currently not plugged into anything, maybe this is for the power windows? Fuses and Relays seem to be in fine shape. I have tried searching this problem and it seems to be quite common but all of the fixed I find are related to the door switches which cause the radio to stay on and other goofy stuff which is not a problem I am having.

The new stereo/DVD player/GPS unit works great. Just want my windows to work.

Any insight would be greatly helpful, or a link to another thread.
Thanks,

OP
OP
C

Capone

Reaction score
Will do later this week when I get a chance to pull it apart again. Currently I had a catastrophic break failure on my car that has taken immediate priority.

OP
OP
C

Capone

Reaction score
Well. I replaced themsplice joint which looked perfectly fine and no success. Still have the same!e problem!s. Haven't gotten to the stereo yet as I also did a water pump in one of !y other cars.