2004 expedition Eddie Bauer 5.4L 4x4 clicking while accelerating

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kevin_Beard

Reaction score
2004 Expedition faint clicking under acceleration only
Hey guys, a little backstory I have a 2004 expedition Eddie Bauer 5.4L 4x4 with 227k miles on it. I have replaced many of the vacuum lines add they have been getting brittle. I replaced the egr sensor about a year ago. She drives great, plenty of power, but when accelerating the air goes from the front vents to defrost, and there's a faint clicking sound from the front drivers side. When I accelerate more, the clicking stops with a thunk, but still plenty of power. Brakes work great, no issues there. Vacuum pressure is usually -24#, and when the clicking and vents start, it reads around -8-10#. It also flags this code: P1405 TypePowertrain - Manufacturer Controlled DTC - Manufacturer Controlled
Description
DPF EGR Sensor Upstream Hose Off or Plugged Conditions
Cause
Engine running, then the PCM detected a sensor signal that indicated EGR flow in a negative direction with EGR valve commanded closed

Any help or above will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
Kevin

Sent from my SPH-L720T using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kapios