2004 with dim radio display

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AZFlyer

Reaction score
Have had new 2004 Expedition for 10 days. The "AM/FM premium CD/cassette" single CD in dash display is unreadable in the Arizona daylight. O.K. at night and adjustable at night, can only see it in daytime if you stare for a while..:eek:.. watchout in front! Is this a common problem? It is not usable as is. Previously had 1999 and 2001 Expeditions, and the displays were just fine.

daveplot

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I would say to take the truck into the dealer. My 03 is just fine.

cnuttgirl

Full Access Members
Reaction score
just wondering, don't take this the wrong way...but might you have accidently hit that little button that rolls up and down located by the headlight switch?? i think that is the dim switch (not sure what it's called exactly). mine was like yours for a while before i noticed that the switch was all the lowered.

OP
OP
A

AZFlyer

Reaction score
Hi! thanks for the ideas. I wondered about that and tried all combinations of headlight switch, instrument panel dimmer, etc. befroe posting this question. When headlights are on, the radio display is controllable with the dimmer control. When headlights are off, the display brightens to a fixed intensity that is too dim for full sun conditions (and by that I don't mean the sun is shining directly on the display, just a lot of ambient light in the truck).

If I lived in Seattle, I think it would be just fine, since there are only 20 days of sun a year, but here in Arizona, it is a no go.