2004 X

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kmz28

Reaction score
Just wanted to say whatz up to everyone and post a pic of my X. I've been a member for some time now, but I'm in the military stationed overseas so the past year or so I've really been busy. But I found my username and password and would like to get actively involved in the website now. I've got tons of questions about Expeditions, so after I go through some of the posts, if I can't find the answers I'm looking for, hopefully I'll find some help from some of you!! Thanks everyone, and let me know what you think about my pic...

Attachments

• x2.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 1,148

bnvus

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Sweet...Tell me did you put in the HID projector lights? It looks like it.

OP
OP
K

kmz28

Reaction score
bnvus

Actually those lights aren't HID's...They're just some dual Halo Ring or "Angel Eye" lights I got off Ebay for like $200 for the pair. Can't remember the brand name though...They do look pretty kool cruisin around at dusk with the parking lamps on and they really helped changed the look, but, they are a bit fragile on install/remove, particularly the Halo Rings...The connections for the rings just seemed to be delicate cuzz I had to get my lights converted for England and the guy broke one of the diodes on the front left ring...Not sure if it's repairable either, I'm working that now...If you're interested, I'll keep you posted...

Also everyone, thanks for the responses...

Last edited:
OP
OP
K

kmz28

Reaction score
Window Tint

To be honest with you on the tint, it's really not...All the windows have a medium tint, but since the front two are the only ones without factory tint, all the rest look really dark...And they are...pretty dark, but not that dark...I do have a hard time seeing sometimes, but England has a somewhat strict law on window tint on the front two windows...They set up check points and pull cars over to use this "light measuring" thing to see how much light is let through your front windows...If it fails, you don't just get a ticket, you can't move your vehicle until the tint is taken off!! Yep, you're right...you either tear it off on the spot or hope you're not far from home for a nice walk...

janz

Reaction score
Sup kmz28, I just got a pair of black dual halo headlights off ebay. I have a black X so i thought I'd go with the black ones. Did you replace the bulbs the headlights came with or did u just stick with how you got it? I wan't to replace mines with super white bulbs but i'm not quite sure if i should mess with em. Also did you have to modify anything before you installed them? I haven't gotten a chance to look how the stock headlights plugged in. Is it just one plug? And for my last question, did you just attach the wires for the angel eyes directly to the parking/signal lights? Could you e-mail me as to how you did it? Cuz I don't want to mess anything up. Thanks.

OP
OP
K

kmz28

Reaction score
Halo Lights

Janz

Hey whatz up...I'm gonna try to answer your questions before I am late for work so I apologize if they are short. First off, I didn't modify anything to put them in. They are plug and play. I was actually so anxious to get them in to see what they looked like that I just installed them to get a quick look. They plug in like the factory ones do (I think 2 plugs), and yes, there is a few solo wires for the halo rings to hook up. I didn't hook those up initially. When I had all my stereo stuff thrown in, the stereo guy hooked them up for me so I'm not sure how he wired them. I assume similar to what you said. I haven't put any extra lights in either, the ones that come with it seem to be ok, though the factory lights are a lot better. I just have to remind myself that these lights are more based on looks than the lighting feature...Not to say that they aren't good lights, they light well enough, I just feel the factory ones are brighter...Anywayz, I gotta jet out, so if you have anymore questions just drop me a line...

janz

Reaction score
Thanks for the response, I replaced the all the bulbs 2day with hyper whites for both the low beams & high beams and changed the amber side/parking lights with some yellow ones. The high beams were kinda a struggle but do-able. You mentioned that you have altezza style tail lights? You have any pixs & could you refer as to where I can get some? I'll post some pixs after I finish all the installs. Thnaks again.