2005 5.4L 3V Hypertech program

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

pohoda

Reaction score
I just got the Hypertech model#41043 and completed the tune on my Expy. I did not increase the rev limiter or the shift point rpms since I do not know what the redline on the engine is or whether this is a good idea to do. Have any of you 3V guys played around with this and/or have any recommendations on this? I use the Expy primarily for towing my 23" toy hauler. Overall I am happy with the performance and shifting differences. I have yet to get 91 octane gas so once I do I will try the 93 octane tune. Thanks in advance for any advice.

2005 EB 4X2 w/ Towing package
Towing vehicle for my 23' WW Super Light

Bjamin

Reaction score
pohoda -

I've got the same trailer, but my Expy is a 2000 5.4. Has the programmer helped you vs stock? I'm curious what it does for HP, gas mileage, performance.

Thanks!

OP
OP
P

pohoda

Reaction score
The main difference I noticed is the transmission is much better at staying in lower gears when pulling up grades instead of upshifting and downshifting all the time. There is a slightly noticeable difference in power and it does seem to pull better now. I have not done enough towing to determine the gas useage difference and I do not drive the Expy regularly. At this point I am using 91 octane so gas has gone up in price overall but I think the power increase is worth the extra $$$.

OP
OP
P

pohoda

Reaction score
I just got the Hypertech model#41043 and completed the tune on my Expy. I did not increase the rev limiter or the shift point rpms since I do not know what the redline on the engine is or whether this is a good idea to do. Have any of you 3V guys played around with this and/or have any recommendations on this? I use the Expy primarily for towing my 23' toy hauler. Overall I am happy with the performance and shifting differences. I have yet to get 91 octane gas so once I do I will try the 93 octane tune. Thanks in advance for any advice.

2005 EB 4X2 w/ Towing package
Towing vehicle for my 23' WW Super Light

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk