2005 Expy EB Edition 4wd quit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

red-russian1

Reaction score
We own a 2005 Expy that the 4wd quit working. It 1st started with 4H not engaging but 4L would. Now nothing engages. What's the common fix?

1955moose

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Their is no common fix. If it were me, I'd start with fuses/relay, check power at fuse connections, then make your way down to the shift motor. Be sure it has power ground. Another common problem on your year are the IWE vacuum controlled sensors. They engage/disengage the four wheel drive. How's that for simple. Unfortunately four wheel drive is anything but simple. Try those things, and let us know what you find.

Sent from my N9131 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
R

red-russian1

Reaction score
Well, I have vacuum and 12.4v @ the vacuum solenoid so I ordered that ($18 on Amazon). That'll be here Friday so I'll update over the weekend. I'm also going to check out the IWE actuators. 4L did engage last night so I'm wondering if I got that solenoid wet when I cleaned the battery connections last weekend. Very possible. The new solenoid is the updated version from Dorman.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tifanydire