2005 Ford Expedition 4R75W Bulletproofing

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

copper

Reaction score
Hi, I'd like to ask for some advice on bulletproofing a 4R75W. I plan on adding a turbocharger to my Expy and running it at 19.6 PSI of boost making a total of 700 HP and 852 ft-lb. of torque or so. I've seen some websites, like Monster Transmission where you send them your tranny, they put in stronger internals, then send it back to you, but the most I've seen is only for 600 HP. I was hoping to find a place to either sell me a bulletproofed one with a little bit of overhead for the HP, or one where I can just buy the internals and do it myself. I'd swap in a 5R110 or bulletproofed 6R80 if I could, but I'm not sure about the electrical and computer module part of it as some have said it's not possible. Anyone have any recommendations?

Thanks in advance!

OP
OP
copper

copper

Reaction score
Oh absolutely. I posted another thread about just the turbocharger for anything else I might be missing for strengthening the internals.

Prince_Polaris

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I'm just curious, do you mean actual bulletproofing, as in, if someone shoots the front of the car the engine will keep going, or do you just mean you want it to be as reliable as physically possible?

Flexpedition

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I'm just curious, do you mean actual bulletproofing, as in, if someone shoots the front of the car the engine will keep going, or do you just mean you want it to be as reliable as physically possible?

Actual gunshot.

I took a wrong exit once late at night, ended up in the bad side of town. Sniper popped up from under a manhole cover, 45 round to my 5R110W. I was able to limp it home, he took out my 3rd gear syncro but we made a full recovery. Police suspect it was AAMCO gang, but no arrests were made. But am seriously rethinking my stance on gun control, especially fully automatic pneumatic style.

Sorry for the gore, but you have to see to believe:

leakypangasket-23354.jpg

OP
OP
copper

copper

Reaction score
Sorry you had to go through that. I'm glad to hear about the full recovery :cheers:

And yes, I do mean completely physically reliable for power ratings a little beyond 700 hp at the crank.

Prince_Polaris

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Actual gunshot.

I took a wrong exit once late at night, ended up in the bad side of town. Sniper popped up from under a manhole cover, 45 round to my 5R110W. I was able to limp it home, he took out my 3rd gear syncro but we made a full recovery. Police suspect it was AAMCO gang, but no arrests were made. But am seriously rethinking my stance on gun control, especially fully automatic pneumatic style.

Sorry for the gore, but you have to see to believe:

-snip-

Oh dang it looks like your car's bleeding! Where do you live that there's manhole snipers???
Sorry you had to go through that. I'm glad to hear about the full recovery :cheers:

And yes, I do mean completely physically reliable for power ratings a little beyond 700 hp at the crank.

Nice! I also wanna know if you plan to race it like the post above me asks, I'd love to see an expy in a race...

OP
OP
copper

copper

Reaction score
I don't intend to race it, although I could. I will post videos of its performance when I get this accomplished though. From what I've seen and compared from a certain supercharged Expy in a video, this kind of performance with 700 hp would yield a 0 to 60 of 4 to 5 seconds. The main reason I'm doing it is because it's something no one else has and that's just my personality and hobby. I love speed, performance, and engineering. Stuff like this is a good challenge for me. I enjoy the process of planning and executing major upgrades. It's not a matter of if, but when I'll accomplish my goals.