2005 ford expedition 5.3l 3v CEL p0430

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FordandPolaris

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Sorry I misread the posts and thought we were looking for the p0403 code now. Does the truck feel underpowered at all? That is a good sign that one is clogged. Otherwise my guess is still the downstream sensor.

I have read from some smart people that the downstream sensor is not imperative to tuning the motor, so it shouldn't affect fuel mileage or anything like that. If you see a drop in performance or mileage, then look at the cats first.

Sent from the Pocket Computer

Last edited:
B

bedrck46

I would get under the expy and inspect the wiring to make sure it isn't damaged. If it is ok then replace the O2 sensor, have the codes cleared and see if they reappear

also inspect the connector for any signs of corrosion etc

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
2005Expedition

2005Expedition

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Hi, the truck run smooth, I just got this truck last week, so I havent note any drop in gas miles, mabe next fill up, I can tell.

OP
OP
2005Expedition

2005Expedition

Full Access Members
Reaction score
are you still getting the CEL and codes?

yes I do, it stay there all time, but I dint note any decrease performing, it still run smooth. But in a week or 2 I will take it to the shop to do complete test, to see which exactly the problem is.

FordandPolaris

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Track your fuel economy over the next tank. You Are shooting for 10-12 or higher. Any lower and a restriction in the system is possible. In my personal experience though, o2 sensors tend to go out way before the cats plug up.

Sent from the Pocket Computer

OP
OP
2005Expedition

2005Expedition

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Hi other day I was under the truck, the driver side o2 sensor was tiny loose, so I snap it back on, I clear the code yesterday, drov 20 miles and the code havent come back yet, the car still drive smooth, I will track the gas miles.

B

bedrck46

amazing what can happen with loose wires you may have solved the problem keep the forum updated it helps others also

OP
OP
2005Expedition

2005Expedition

Full Access Members
Reaction score
amazing what can happen with loose wires you may have solved the problem keep the forum updated it helps others also

I hope it just loose wire problem, usually how long for the computer to detect the bad o2 sensor ? its been 2 day and still no check engine light.