2005 ford expedition air cond. problems

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

troublestr15

Reaction score
2005 ford expedition air condition not working properly. Fan blower is blowing, but we get no cold air except through the defrost vents. Is there an air filter that needs replacing and if so, where is it located? Really need to get it working as it is quite hot in Florida

Last edited:

mystik

Reaction score
These expedition have a acuator that changes as you change the location of the vents, on the acuator door the hinges have a tendency to break. If this happens, the air will come out of the one postion. I would start there. Also check the hoses going to the controller. A filter will not cause this problem. Let me know if this helps

ETMSDADKM

Reaction score
A/C comimg out defost vents

A/C comimg out defost vents
On my wifes 05 had the same problem!
Found a vac. leak next to the battery and fire wall.
check the vac. lines the small one going into the fire wall and the 1/4" line next too the two ckeck valves
Hope this helps

Fat Slob

Reaction score
These expedition have a acuator that changes as you change the location of the vents, on the acuator door the hinges have a tendency to break. If this happens, the air will come out of the one postion. I would start there. Also check the hoses going to the controller. A filter will not cause this problem. Let me know if this helps

Defrost is the default position when there's a vacuum leak. This is 99% not a hinge problem.

2004XLT

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I've been having problems with my blend door, if I leave the setting on cold then the AC will work fine, if I switch to heat then it's a pain to get AC to work again. Defrost blows cold and works as it should always. Check for vacuum leaks as stated, if that's not the issue there's a product called the heater treater to fix the blend door without ripping the whole dash apart. Also I can occasionally hear my broken hinge rattle that's another thing to look out for. Haven't fixed it yet because AC works dependably as long as I don't change the temp for the rest of summer.

stamp11127

Full Access Members
Reaction score
If you look at the original thread date, the op hasn't commented on any of the replies. He/she probably is a one post wonder and may not come back. Just wasting your time at this point.