2006 failed emisions????? WTF????

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sk8ordie

Full Access Members
Reaction score
so i went to do emissions today and it failed. they said that they could not read the computer. dont know how that is possible but thats what they said. there is no CEL and she runs perfect. the only thing that does not work is the cig lighter in the middle of the console, the passenger side does work. they said that it could be related or just a fuse. the paper says:

OBD connecter integrity: FAIL
Malfunction Indicator Light (MIL) Status: NO VOLTAGE: FAIL

she passed everything else

like i said she has been running perfect and has 120,000mi on her.

has anybody have this happen before?

any ideas?? im kinda pissed

im thinking of going to autozone and see if their scan tool can read the computer.

B

bedrck46

check fuse #41 you may also want to check all the fuses if #41 was blown replace it and also check your lighter if lighter doesn't work recheck fuse. If fuse was blown and you replaced it and it blows again after trying lighter then the lighter is the cause.

The following was copied from the 2006 Owners Manual

Fuse/Relay Location
Fuse #41

Fuse Amp Rating
20A

Passenger Compartment Fuse Panel Description
Cigarette lighter, OBD II diagnostic connector

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
sk8ordie

sk8ordie

Full Access Members
Reaction score
took awhile to update, but thanks again bedrck. was the fuse -replaced- and passed. never thought the lighter and obd port would be connected. hopefully this will help someone in the future.

kinda funny though, ive had some POS vehicles and bikes before where i thought for SURE they were gonna fail and sweatin my ass off just praying they would pass. But here i am driving the nicest vehicle ive ever owned thinking "this thing is runnin perfect" gloating all the way to the dmv and BAM! FAIL!!! i just about burned all my new rubber leaving that place i was so pissed.lol

B

bedrck46

Thanks for the update
The infor that I gave you about the fuse was from another member that reacted as you did "never thought the lighter and obd port would be connected" although his problem wasn't inspection issues. And when I read you first post I was almost sure that the problem was the fuse