2006 hesitation

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Alan_in_Texas

Reaction score
Ok, I have a 2006 expedition limited with 76k miles on it. Just recently it started to misfire at low rpm's when on overdrive. This most often happens at around 50 mph. It is not throwing any codes (no CEL).

From my research, it appears to be either plugs or coils. As far as I know, the truck has the original plugs in it.

Should I start with replacing the plugs first? I know it is a pain to do them, but I have my local indy shop lined up to do it. Or should I hold off and put a set of cops on it? I would rather stay away from the dealership if I can.
Thanks,
Alan

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
A

Alan_in_Texas

Reaction score
One more bit of information. The hesitation is worse in hot weather. It doesn't miss a beat in the mornings, but will miss when the weather is over 90.

OP
OP
A

Alan_in_Texas

Reaction score
Well I got her back from the shop on Friday, and I'm kinda glad I didn't try to change the plugs myself, as four of the broke coming out. The bad news is this cost me $650 including one new cop.
The good news is my hesitation is gone!
The mechanic who did the work advised me that in his experience, the plugs really should be changed every 50k miles.