2006 XLT... and got issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Willshooter3

Willshooter3

Reaction score
The details are important, which fuel pressure code? That would certainly cause your problem, and are likely unrelated to your evap system.
The P0453 code comes back to an EVAP system- something about a built in leak detection rig?

Trainmaster

Old School Member
Reaction score
Some of the 2008's have normal spark plugs that come out with no problem. You have to look for the engine build date on the left (driver side) valve cover. If it was built after 10/9/07, it does not have the problematic plugs and they'll come right out with no trouble.

Just change the plugs and the rubber coil boots. You know it needs them. Then see how it runs.

OP
OP
Willshooter3

Willshooter3

Reaction score
Some of the 2008's have normal spark plugs that come out with no problem. You have to look for the engine build date on the left (driver side) valve cover. If it was built after 10/9/07, it does not have the problematic plugs and they'll come right out with no trouble.

Just change the plugs and the rubber coil boots. You know it needs them. Then see how it runs.

Now that's the best news I've heard all day.

OP
OP
Willshooter3

Willshooter3

Reaction score
...i thought you had an '06 though?
Read this thread on my phone at first, without my glasses.
If you see my follow up post- She went to the shop- that's why. I have a 2006-which means I have the.... yeah... those @#$#()@$ plugs.
So. My buddy the master **** bang mechanic who handles my fleet repair work has my rig sitting in his shop.

OP
OP
Willshooter3

Willshooter3

Reaction score
Back from the shop. Bad wiring harness on the plugs and the injector.. bad gas cap (wth?) and we’re on the road. Now. About these demonic plugs...

TomB985

Reaction score
Back from the shop. Bad wiring harness on the plugs and the injector.. bad gas cap (wth?) and we’re on the road. Now. About these demonic plugs...

Glad to hear you got it running!

I would get those plugs taken care of sooner rather than later. There certainly doing no favors for your catalytic converters.

MrsHarper

Reaction score
Are these plugs the same on the 2004? Is it all 2nd gen? I'm needing to change mine.