2007 Eddie Bauer brake quality question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

fasterthanlight

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I am looking to replace all 4 corners with new brake pads and rotors.

I am looking for high quality mid-upper range parts. I don't want to just run down to Auto Zone or go to the dealer.

Can everyone link me some good stuff that you say is great?!?

OP
OP
F

fasterthanlight

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Great answers guys, just what I was looking for.

Question on the performance ones. Currently on the Premium dimpled and slotted brakes, there are free brake pads that come with it. Any idea if they would quality pads or junk, just to sell the higher rotors?

Also, what is the difference between the regular brake pads and the non metallic brake pads?

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
no to very little brake dust...i have drilled/slotted rotors...with the veramic pads they gave..i have NO brake dust

jkill351

Reaction score
I've been looking at this upgrade as well and have a few more questions to throw in. How much faster do the ceramic pads eat the rotors or is it even noticeable? Is there more or less sound from the harder rotors with ceramic pads?

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
minimal wear on the rotors...pending on how you apply braking...i've had mine on for 2yrs and theyre great...i believe Walnuts4x4 has had them on for 4yrs...no prob...my rotors are great...you'll have increased stopping power on top of this as well...i dont hear anything when braking...unless youre down to metal...you wont either

OP
OP
F

fasterthanlight

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I found this on brake pads. May help someone in the future.

Semi-metallic and low-metallic NAO break pads have excellent heat transfer rates and are considered more durable. Semi-metallic pads have a tendency to wear down rotors faster and do not perform at optimum levels in low temperatures. Low-metallic NAO brake pads are noisier and create more brake dust. Non-metallic brake pads are cleaner and quieter. They are also softer, which means less friction to the rotor, but more dust deposited on the wheels. Non-metallic brake pads cost more and wear down faster than metallic brake pads.