2007 Expedition 4x4 switch does nothing...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

berriospa

Reaction score
I have a 2007 Expedition with 86,000 miles. The 4x4 switch is dead, does nothing. I checked all the fuses and they're good. Checked the connector at the motor and its good. My question is has anyone encountered this problem? I want to ask before I go and purchase and replace the transfer case shift motor. I had the interior fuse box replaced and programed, not sure if that could have caused the issue. Any suggestions?

Blksmk

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Mine hasn't worked in years I'm sure mines the actuator. They get rusted and dirty very easy.

Reaction score
I have a 2006-mine had stoped at one point—it was the vacuum line running to the actuator-pretty easy fix...I didn’t repair the old line-I ran a new line....

OP
OP
berriospa

berriospa

Reaction score
Roger Phillips was your indicator on your dash Turing in prior to you replacing the vacuum line?

07navi

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I'm not familiar with these because I came from a straight axle Excursion but I would get those two red thick dealer repair manuals which are for that year. They are made for specific years and everything is in them.

Adieu

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Does it tell you it does nothing? Or switch onscreen but not actually do anything?

Has it been this way a while / since you got it, or is this a new development?

But yeah could be the vacuum

OP
OP
berriospa

berriospa

Reaction score
Adieu,

Nothing, no indicator on the dash and it doesn't shift into gear. No, its a new development, it was parked for over a year while I was in Korea. But I never had a need to use it since I got back until now and its not working.

OP
OP
berriospa

berriospa

Reaction score
Does it tell you it does nothing? Or switch onscreen but not actually do anything?

Has it been this way a while / since you got it, or is this a new development?

But yeah could be the vacuum

Nothing, no indicator on the dash and it doesn't shift into gear. No, its a new development, it was parked for over a year while I was in Korea. But I never had a need to use it since I got back until now and its not working.

Eric Wheeler

Reaction score
does anyone have a picture of where this is located. I did a scan with forscan and have this code c1979. 2016 expy. not giving a indicator on the dash. But when I turn the 4x4 switch it seems to work. I can clear the DTC then throw the switch and it come back. Thanks for any help with this.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sharprd65