2007 Expedition Suspension Lift Help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jbyerly1

Reaction score
I have a 2007 Ford Expedition XLT 4x4 Advance Trac RSC with a 2.5" Rough Country leveling kit on 35s. I have done my research and can not seem to find a bigger lift kit, much less one at all, than the leveling kit i have. Superlift says it has a 4.5" and 6" kit for the F150 and Expedition but yet the Expedition is all around independent suspension and the F150 is IFS and solid rear axle...so how is this? Any help on this lift kit situation is most appreciated. Thanks!

Attachments

• 102_1418.jpg
    102_1418.jpg
    100.1 KB · Views: 59,432
Last edited:

rptr00

Full Access Members
Reaction score
there is a kit made by rize that lifts 8" but it costs a fortune. I have speculated about trying to combine some of the leveling kits. Readylift has a spring/strut replacement setup that will give 2.5, daystar makes the spring pocket adapters and truxxx had the metal spacers that mount to the top of the strut and give 3". Combining these kits might work but I hear it might cause other issues with weird drivetrain angles. There are no bodylifts available, but a good offroad shop could probably fabricate one for you.

BTW, like your setup as it is similar to mine.

nvycrmn

Full Access Members
Reaction score
i think your truck looks nice the way it is. nice and beefy. looks a lot like a cop suv with that light bar on the front.

OP
OP
J

Jbyerly1

Reaction score
Well if its a fortune than its outta the question. And im not too sure about mixing and matching cause i could pretty much see something going wrong.
And yea i get that alot about it looking like a cop bit its pretty nice cause you just kinda blend in and it wont catch there eyes, like my previous RED and chrome Ranger on 35s did.

OP
OP
J

Jbyerly1

Reaction score
there is a kit made by rize that lifts 8" but it costs a fortune. I have speculated about trying to combine some of the leveling kits. Readylift has a spring/strut replacement setup that will give 2.5, daystar makes the spring pocket adapters and truxxx had the metal spacers that mount to the top of the strut and give 3". Combining these kits might work but I hear it might cause other issues with weird drivetrain angles. There are no bodylifts available, but a good offroad shop could probably fabricate one for you.

BTW, like your setup as it is similar to mine.

I was looking around and i could only find the 8" for '03-'06

OP
OP
J

Jbyerly1

Reaction score
wait...RED and chrome stand out??? hmmm never thought about that...:D

Yeah Yeah i no it does, especially now but i found out all that the hard way and first hand considering im in the double digits if tickets at age 19, already lost my license once for 6 months at age 18, and close to losing them AGAIN and for a YEAR this time at age 19.

And so is that RIZE lift on through '06 cause i would love to have just enough to put it on 37s. But again it goes from leveling kits all the way to Full Throttle's 12 inch and 14 inch lifts, and NO median!

Last edited:
OP
OP
J

Jbyerly1

Reaction score
I dont know of any differences between the 03-06 and 07-10 expedition suspensions. Here is a link with detailed photo's of the installed suspension. But really, $3500 is a ton of cash...

http://www.rizeind.com/03products/02suspension/suspen_ford01.html

Well I know the '06 and '07 both are IFS/IRS and so im not sure what the exact difference is on the IRS either. It could be it is too new for them to have come out with a lift? And yes your right $3500 is a ton of cash. But if you wanted a lift that bad, you have the money for it, and when it is the only moderately mild lift made for it (b/w leveling kit or 14") anyone can easily save up their money over time and easily have an awesome Expedition. And so when you compare it to the ridiculous Full Throttle 12" and 14" lift (NO telling how much), plus having to buy/put on 39.5" or 42" tires and rims (WAY EXPENSIVE), than all the misc. stuff you probably need for that lift and height level, and than not to mention what else you gotta buy on the side and/or replace. So once you compare it that way it does not seem like that much, also take into place the year of the vehicle (being pretty much new usually means more expensive), the economy and how the supply & demand is on them.

chlocomo92

Reaction score
I had a 98 expedition and now I have a 2007 and the shorter ride height is driving me nuts. My expedition has the advance trac and I am being told that the only way I can lift it is to completely disable the adv trac rsc and replace all the struts and suspension. Does anyone know what I could use?