2007 expo el radio antenna

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

expo dude

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Seems like this truck has alot to offer minus the antenna signals for the am/FM radio signals I believe my antenna is in the back passenger window but was wondering if anyone has a fix to get better reception.

1955moose

Full Access Members
Reaction score
If you have an aftermarket head unit, that's part of your problem. Most aftermarket Am/Fm CD units have a cheap Fm section. If you want a good Fm unit that pulls in the stations, and holds them, you need one that has a low number DBF signal. The Ford units do have a low number, which is why they suck in channels.. The lower the number on the DBF, the better. The better ones are 8-10. The cheaper ones that drift and won't lock in are above 12, sometimes 14 and above. The antenna if the same as earlier models like 2003 is built into the right rear quarter glass. It can be repaired, but if it needs replacement the glass must replaced. Any Automotive antenna that has trouble with Am radio reception, is the first sign the antenna needs replacing. Hope that helps.

Sent from my N9131 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
E

expo dude

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have the factory head unit in it maybe the antenna in the glass is bad and need of replacement.

1955moose

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Could be. Is the AM part all whiney sounding picking up coil and sparkplug whine? That's usually the first sign.

Black

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Mine sucks too.
Did the 07 still use the standard car radio antenna input?
Just get one of these.
GF-LINK New Am Fm Hidden Windshield Antenna Car Radio Truck https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07594YBJY/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_zUHKCb4C40JRW

My 16 sucks terribly too but pretty sure it does not use the standard input.
I’ll eventually have my Android head unit up and running so I’ll be able to use one of these.

1955moose

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Now you guys know why I love my factory Mach setup in my 2000. The radio works great on Am for the Niners/Giants games, and Fm too. Driving around San Francisco that says a lot for a good tuner section. Is the Antenna issue just a 3rd and 4th edition deal?