2007 Expy starts then quits... starts then quits... starts then quits

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tommyddsr

Full Access Members
Reaction score
If you are going to work on newer cars you really need one. They are not very expensive, or I wouldn't have one ;) That is how I found my fuel filter was partially blocked.

FlyBry

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Do any of these help?
Symptoms sound exactly like a stuck IAC valve.

1oldtimer

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Do any of these help?
Symptoms sound exactly like a stuck IAC valve.
Sounds like my TJ. Always needs to be cleaned. I didn’t realize the expedition had them as well. Learn something every day.

Mikezr

Reaction score
I'll tell ya what it is the starting and then stopping is it running off the fuel from the initial prime. It's either the fuel control module or you have a broken wire and the fuel pump isn't communicating with the pcm

Motorcity muscle

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I'll tell ya what it is the starting and then stopping is it running off the fuel from the initial prime. It's either the fuel control module or you have a broken wire and the fuel pump isn't communicating with the pcm
Makes sense, fuel pressure gauge would help in the diagnosis.

OP
OP
S

Steve Hartman

Reaction score
FOUND THE PROBLEM! All by myself, I might add.... LOL! A couple of months back I paid the piper $1000 to have new plugs, coils, plugs and wires installed in my 2007 Expedition. And you all know that my car has been starting right up and then dying after 2 seconds. What was the problem?

Well, evidently these high priced mechanics did not get the rubber boot connecting the air cleaner system to the throttle body on correctly. So, the entire boot along with the hose clamp fell away from the throttle body and left me sucking air.... but not through the relevant sensors that would keep the car running! So NOW ya know! Thank you all for leading me in the right direction. While not perfect you all came damned close! :D

dcsang

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Between the throttle body and MAF sensor I'd venture to say they were spot on!

OP
OP
S

Steve Hartman

Reaction score
Well DC.... I doesn't know about that thar MAP sensor 'zactly. All I know is I saw this gaping hole whar the car come apart right at that thar throttle body and I says to myself..... Self! That thar's yer problem! There ya go! LOL!