2008 Expedition Wrench Icon

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KRedman

Reaction score
I have a 2008 Expedition that the check engine light came on then it turned off and I had 0 power accelerating from a stop. When I got to a safe spot, I turned it off and then tried to turn it back on and everything comes on but doesn’t click or act like it wants to turn over and it’s now displaying a wrench on the LED screen. I scanned it & it gave a code saying it lost coms to the TCM.

Took it to ford & told them I already scanned it & it gave me the error message above. They said it was not the coms/TCM but the starter which did not make sense to me & wanted $700 to replace it - so I replaced it myself. With the new starter in, no codes are showing now but still the wrench icon & it is doing the same thing before where it won’t click/turn over but all the lights, dash, electrical work fine.

Anyone else experience this? Local ford dealership is the pain in the ass to deal with.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edyk1986