2008 Front End Rebuild--Still clunking squeaking noise

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Edmaude

Reaction score
I have 220k on my truck and just had new upper and lower control arms installed to address worn ball joints etc. I was having some nasty popping in the front end and the old ball joints were shot.

2 weeks and approx 2,000 miles later I am now getting the popping noise again going over rough roads at slow speeds. I'm also now hearing an annoying squeak almost like and old bed spring as well at low speeds.

The new control arms and ball joints all seem ok and I have been spraying the control arm bushing with some triflow lube to try to find the cause of the squeaking. So far, no luck.

My tie rods seem ok and the shop did not notice excessive plan in the outers. Is there a chance this whole clunking issue etc could be work inner tie rods, or perhaps the rack itself needing replacement?

Any insight would be appreciated

Adieu

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Worn/blown shocks

Strut mounts

Loose tie rods

**** not bolted together tight

I once came home after a 700 mi drive in my bimmer with newly rebuilt control arms and squeaks, and found one of the tie rods to be hanging on by literally less than one thread....whoops