2008 stalling

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BigChinook

Reaction score
Need some help figuring this problem out. I have a 2008 XLT expedition with 72,000 miles on it. It has started to stall while driving periodically. I'll be driving down the road and the engine will just start to quit and I basically coast to the side of the road. It restarts up every time and I drive away without issues. It's been happening about once a week. Seems to be in wetter conditions but I can't say it's alwasy been that way. I went looking for the fuel module that everyone talks about eroding and can't seem to find it on the 2008. It's not on the cross bar like in the earlier models...they must have moved it. Anybody have any ideas on what this might be. No codes come on when it stalls but I have had a few codes pop up in the last month...P0420 and P0430 - not sure if it's related. The truck has run great up until this issue.

OP
OP
B

BigChinook

Reaction score
Well, I guess it's not that issue. Is there a fuel filter that can be changed on the 08's or is that in the gas tank. I was at jiffy lube the other day and they said they couldn't find it.

01yellerCobra

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Well, I guess it's not that issue. Is there a fuel filter that can be changed on the 08's or is that in the gas tank. I was at jiffy lube the other day and they said they couldn't find it.
Mine is on the side of the gas tank. Big silver thing. Hard to miss with your eyes open.

That wasn't a jab at you. It was at the idiots at Jiffy Lube.

OP
OP
B

BigChinook

Reaction score
the Fix

Took it to the local dealership to examine the codes..they laughed when I said it was the emissions and it should be covered under warranty 8 years/80,000 miles....well low and behold, it was the Cats which they replaced x 2 for free. Everything running good for now.