2010-->2008 seat swap

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

star-art

Full Access Members
Reaction score
PS Be sure to properly torque seat bolts! This is a safety item. Follow the factory guidelines and use a torque wrench. Also, since some (if not all) bolts go through to the outside, consider using anti-seize compound when installing them.

Plati

Reaction score
PS Be sure to properly torque seat bolts! This is a safety item. Follow the factory guidelines and use a torque wrench. Also, since some (if not all) bolts go through to the outside, consider using anti-seize compound when installing them.
Holy Cow this may take a while to understand, or maybe I'll just never sell this vehicle or market it as a custom camping setup and charge extra. I definitely did not have any shipping pin when I took them out but I also don't think I broke anything or I would have heard the bad noise I usually hear when I disassemble things and break them (common). Regardless, your help is most appreciated, Sir. Hope I can sleep tonight now. The torque is also good advice and I actually have 2 torque wrenches ... I bought at Harbor Freight (uh-oh).

star-art

Full Access Members
Reaction score
If this thingie is loose and flopping around, part of your seat frame may be broken. As the back of the seat is raised/lowered, this rod keeps the rear feet in the proper orientation. It consists of two parts -- a hollow metal tube with a plastic connecting "pin" at the front. There seems to be a delicate plastic connection inside the metal tube where the two meet. If it breaks, the rear feet can rotate out of position, making it difficult to latch the seat. Everything else may work just fine, but you'd have to guide those rear feet and make sure they latch properly every time. That can be a royal PITA. I've encountered at least three seats like this.

EDIT: Tasca Ford Parts currently shows the part in this picture -- called a "link" -- as being replaceable. Their diagram is confusing because it shows the part available only if you have Captain's seats (i.e. no middle seat). But, I'd bet money it's the same part whether you have 2nd row buckets or not.

Just make sure your seats are fully functional. This means you can 1) securely latch it, 2) flip it up it into "Easy Entry" mode, 3) put the seat back in the down position, and 4) "kneel" the seat into "Cargo" mode.

Hope that helps! :)
2ndRowBrokenSeatFrame.jpg

Last edited: