2010-->2008 seat swap

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Adieu

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Look at the pic of the white connector. I spliced a red wire into the green wire on the white connector to give it power.

Red spliced to where though?

Seems there is a more elegant way than trailing a wire from the cigarette lighter socket, Im guessing?

Schematic reads plain enough....unfortunately it is NOT a diagram of the connector pinouts, just a circuit....

OP
OP
E

ebasista

Reaction score
I ran a separate wire for power since I also installed a center console

The ********* connector that your seat plugs into the exped is C311 pin 16 is Grey/Red (it is not on all connectors) and has power as well according to the schematic.

I find it funny that you are asking for help and when someone tries you act like a dick

10Limited EL

Reaction score
What about a swapped for a 2007 into a 2010....mine are worn out and thought about just replacing them all together... Seat for seat just different year model

star-art

Full Access Members
Reaction score
2010 heated/cooled seats are totally different than earlier models. Actually, I believe this started in 2009. Also, you can't retrofit memory seats into a truck that doesn't already have them (it may be theoretically possible, but I've yet to see anyone actually do it). As for the seats themselves, they should be the same -- same track design, same bolt pattern, etc. But, the wiring may be totally different.

Important things to note:

1) The passenger seat has an OCS computer. You should keep this intact and transfer it (in its entirety, including the sensor pad that covers the bottom of the seat) over to your new seat. In fact, for safety you should keep your existing passenger seat wiring harness and transfer it to the new seat. While the new seat may have the same OCS, if there are any differences or if it malfunctions for any reason your passenger airbag may fail to deploy in an accident.

2) Airbag connectors should be the same. Make sure the airbags are properly connected during installation and the airbag warning light stays OFF.

3) If your truck *doesn't* have memory seats and the new driver's seat comes with memory, keep your existing driver's seat wire harness and seat motors.

4) If your truck has manual recliners and the new seats have power recliners, you'll need to modify your existing seat wire harness for the power recline and use the switch and plastic trim panel that comes with the new power seat.

5) If your truck doesn't have heated/cooled seats and the new seats are heated/cooled, leave all the wiring and components for that system disconnected. It won't work in your truck because it's controlled by a computer module that has to be initialized and connected to the vehicle network in order to function. I'm not aware of anyone who has ever gotten this to work as a retrofit.

Also, if your 2010 has heated/cooled seats and the 2007 donor truck also had heated/cooled seats, the older style is not compatible and those components won't swap over. Starting in 2009 they went with a Thermo Electric Device (TED) that handles both heat and cool functions but requires computer control. Earlier models merely circulated air via fans for cooling. You would need to keep the seat foam, TED unit, and wire harness of your 2010.

Last edited:

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
2010 heated/cooled seats are totally different than earlier models. Actually, I believe this started in 2009. Also, you can't retrofit memory seats into a truck that doesn't already have them (it may be theoretically possible, but I've yet to see anyone actually do it). As for the seats themselves, they should be the same -- same track design, same bolt pattern, etc. But, the wiring may be totally different.

1) The passenger seat has an OCS computer. You should keep this intact and transfer it (in its entirety, including the sensor pad that covers the bottom of the seat) over to your new seat. In fact, for safety you should keep your existing passenger seat wiring harness and transfer it to the new seat. While the new seat may have the same OCS, if there are any differences or if it malfunctions for any reason your passenger airbag may fail to deploy in an accident.

2) Airbag connectors should be the same. Make sure the airbags are properly connected during installation and the airbag warning light stays OFF.

3) If your truck *doesn't* have memory seats and the new driver's seat comes with memory, keep your existing driver's seat wire harness and seat motors.

4) If your truck has manual recliners and the new seats have power recliners, you'll need to modify your existing seat wire harness for the power recline and use the switch and plastic trim panel that comes with the new power seat.

5) If your truck doesn't have heated/cooled seats and the new seats are heated/cooled, leave all the wiring and components for that system disconnected. It won't work in your truck because it's controlled by a computer module that has to be initialized and connected to the vehicle network in order to function. I'm not aware of anyone who has ever gotten this to work as a retrofit.

Also, if your 2007 has heated/cooled seats and the 2010 donor truck also had heated/cooled seats, the newer style is not compatible and those components won't swap over. Starting in 2009 they went with a Thermo Electric Device (TED) that handles both heat and cool functions but requires computer control. Earlier models merely circulated air via fans for cooling.

Sounds like he has a 2010 and is looking at a 2007 interior in better shape to put in his 2010 by his username.

Adieu

Full Access Members
Reaction score

Also, if your 2010 has heated/cooled seats and the 2007 donor truck also had heated/cooled seats, the older style is not compatible and those components won't swap over. Starting in 2009 they went with a Thermo Electric Device (TED) that handles both heat and cool functions but requires computer control. Earlier models merely circulated air via fans for cooling. You would need to keep the seat foam, TED unit, and wire harness of your 2010.

Memory modules can be wired out by connecting buttons directly to motors

I did that and it even worked for a while.... shook loose a ground or something somewhere though so currently theyre stuck again

star-art

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Yes, that works as well. Memory seats have "encoders" on each motor that input to the Driver's Seat Module (DSM). The seat switch also inputs to the DSM and the motors are then directly controlled by the DSM. You can "run a bypass" by connecting the seat switch directly to the motors while leaving the encoders disconnected. This requires some careful study and a good understanding of the wiring diagrams.

10Limited EL

Reaction score
Ok great info but didn't think of all the technical wiring configuration.i figured since it was a power, heated, cooled, memory that the year model didn't matter as long as it was the same type of seat. So my question is there a year range that would be a simple swap seat for seat or just a 10 model.

Thnx