2010 Expedition EB hatch/window ajar

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bobmc

Reaction score
Greetings from sunny Florida. I purchased my 2010 this Saturday and am working my way through some fairly minor issues.

I had a hatch/window ajar warning recently. Cycled the hatch a few times but did not clear. Manually opened/closed with moderate force and cleared.

I'm working my through the owners manual and see the the hatch window opens separately as well. I go play with that a bit and get the same "ajar" message. Glass does not want to latch easily, so remembering the previous "fix", and find I need to drop the window from about 3 inches open for it to latch.

Is this normal for this model? It's not a big deal as I don't see myself using the open window much and does latch ok. I did spray the latch mechanism liberally with lithium grease to see if it makes any difference.

Thanks to all the contributors that make this a great forum. I like to do as much maintenance myself as I can, and I've learned a bunch already.

Plati

Reaction score
2014EL
I popped my liftgate glass yesterday and I had to slam it shut to get it to latch.
Took me a few tries as I don't like to force things. Well, some things I do.
Wasn't too crazy, just about 5 inches with some additional force

99WhiteC5Coupe

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I bought a new 2015 Ford Expedition Limited 4x4. Since day one - the rear glass window needs to be slammed to latch. Several times I have closed it, got in the car and started it, and received the hatch ajar warning. I had to get out and slam the window again. Poor design and/or manufacturing.

Jake Pryor

Reaction score
Same with mine, it has to be dropped with more force than you'd think for a glass hatch.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

OP
OP
B

Bobmc

Reaction score
OK. Thanks for the feedback, sounds like it may be normal. The main reason I posted was I had already started to review how to remove the rear panel, thinking I had a mechanical issue.

Hopefully we will save someone unnecessary work.