2010 Expedition XLT EL - Truck does not accelerate enough

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nooruls143

Reaction score
Hi,
I have a problem in acceleration, the car does not pick up faster and is slower than normal. It does not misfire but it just feels like it is held up when I press gas. Engine RPM on neutral is good. If I start my car in morning, it runs fine but as soon a engine heats up, the problem appears. I took to the work shop, they found no error codes except for low voltage for PCM. There is no indication of any plug failure or coil failure. They reprogrammed it but still the car remains sluggish. I changed the car battery 3 months back and changed the gear oil very recently.Any suggestions?

My car is only 56900 KM

Thanks,
Noorul

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i've spent time in saudi arabia...being in saudi arabia you have sand storms so make sure your intake is clean and clear of dirt/sand

Stoned06

Full Access Members
Reaction score
First thoughts would be fuel filter and air filter. A shot in the dark would be to check the power pedals and make sure they are not all the way down. The gas pedal gets restricted on full travel if they are all the way don preventing a full power acceleration.

OP
OP
N

nooruls143

Reaction score
Thanks,

Apparently, it needed throttle body cleaning. But I think I needed to change fuel filter also as it still does not get enough power and it jerks while driving.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oelkersbrian